‘Think Like a Black Belt’ — the Website for Physical, Mental and Emotional Self Defense
All of us want to protect ourselves — and our children– from physical, mental, or emotional attack. We want to feel in control, safer, and more knowledgeable so we have the upper hand when it comes to dealing with bad guys and danger. At Think Like a Black Belt, we provide information to help everyone do that.
Check out The Narcissist: A User’s Guide here.
Articles to rapidly pump up your self defense skills:
- What color code are you today?
- Self defense is seeing danger patterns early
- Why you need to learn street cop body language
- What you can do about a shooter in the building, part 1
- What you can do about a shooter in the building, part 2
For more information on most popular self defense topics click here. Or just look in the next column to the right under RECENT ARTICLES for a post that catches your eye. This website is a blog, so information was added weekly or twice weekly.
Hi, I’m Lori Hoeck and main author of this site. Here’s my short bio:
- Senior instructor in the martial arts
- Third degree black belt in taekwondo
- Second degree black belt in tang soo do
- Author: Think Like A Black Belt: Take Charge of Your Own Safety (currently unavailable)
- Co-Author: The Narcissist: A User’s Guide
- Black Belt Magazine Contributor
- Former volunteer firefighter and EMT
- Previously authored personal development blog as “SpaceAgeSage“
- Writer of LoriHoeck.com
In her review of this website, Barbara Swafford of Blogging Without a Blog raves,
With physical, mental and emotional self defense being the topic of this blog, for those who care about their own safety plus the safety of their children, this blog is a “subscription must”.
More on her review can be found at her blog post: Kicking It.
Thank you for visiting!